Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tabor Done

Yes the fat lady has sung and the pain train is parked at the station, until next year. Mt Tabor and I had a tough start but I finally hit my stride on the last week and brought my A game. Unfortunately my A game is probably more like a C- compared to the skinny tall guys with tattoos that I race again. But then again, I like beers and burgers, so they can keep their girlish figure and enjoy that leafy green salad with tofu.

My fellow beef eater Mr Brian Barker formally known as Barker News (time for a new blog pseudonym) was also in attendance. He is a bit faster than me on longer climbs or anything that requires more fitness than raw power (no that is not a dig). After giving him a pre-race pep talk I thought he was going to whoop my ass, but it turns out his gas gauge was a little off, as I found him on two laps to go, so we initiated our grudge match. Brian struck first attacking me at the top of the climb of the last lap, after I had given him a nice wheel all the way to the top. He got 'off the front' so I chased him down catching him at the base off the final climb. He gave me the traditional Ironclad greeting, also known as the bird or the finger (we were inverted). I passed him and geared up leaving the bike in the big ring and dug real deep. Brian got dropped and in the process I picked up a PSU rider and pulled him to the line so that he could pip me.

Success, looks like I've got scoreboard, for now. Up next is Vancouver Courthouse Crit followed by the mid-summer crit series, one or two other crits and then the cross and kremese races will be on us!

Now for some beach time (and an interview on Monday, more to follow on that).

Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment