Monday, July 27, 2009

Hoist it High


News Flash: Joel Rosinbum won the Men's TR4 ParaTriathlon National Championship

Hoist that hardware to the sky (A Tiffany & Co. Silver Platter)! Keep your ears to the ground, there will be a BBQ scheduled to celebrate Joel's accomplishment.

In other news, my vacation is over, so sad. Back to "the grind", only 200ish emails, not too bad. On tap for today will be ignoring my boss so that I can finish a lengthy application to BPA as well as an application to PacifiCorp, thanks Jack for the heads-up.

As promised, an update on my efforts to go wireless. I had my "discovery" interview with the manager over at Verizon Wireless. I was told I would be contacted for a in-person interview, it will be a STAR (Situation or Task, Action, and Result) a.k.a. behavioral interview. If I make it through that interview (which I feel comfortable with, I have done a dozen of those at VZ) then it is on to an evaluation of my ability to make a presentation. Picture this; a room full of people that I don't know anything about, me standing up front presenting on a technical subject that I don't understand, me sweating inside my monkey suit, I can't wait!


In other, other news, I'm Fat! No I don't mean Phat. Now that vacation is over and most of my training for cycling is short distance, high intensity, I can't eat like I was this spring. So I am off to Fat Camp, or at least my mental fat camp. The fridge at work is loaded with healthy food, I have eaten most of my bad snacks, and I promise to myself no more cheeseburgers or doughnuts, the latter being tougher. On that note, anyone want a half dozen free something or another tokens for Burger King. I won a few free burgers and breakfast foods at BK through their Transformers II promotional game, I must resist, I must. Good thing my boss is trying to be a hard ass and not let people leave the office on the clock (even though we are salaried).

So here is the target; 10 lbs between now and Thanksgiving (can't lose my Clydesdale status for CX), 10 more lbs before next years Cherry Blossom SR.

Try and stay cool during the heat wave!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a Celebratory BBQ coming up soon and possibly some fund raising to get me to Worlds in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe,

    Are you going to post your pictures at the beach on Flicker? I am glad I got out of Portland before the heat wave, today's high is 68 degrees with Scattered T-Storms.
    It was nice seeing you at the beach, looking forward to the next holiday/vacation.

    ReplyDelete