Monday, July 13, 2009

Limits Found (Updated with Photo of Hood)

For your reading pleasure, this is version two of this entry with 75% fewer words.

Weekend done, limits have been found. What I had penciled for the weekend was reported to be "core" (as in hardcore) by one of my most hardcore active friends. I just thought it was a busy weekend that would be managed with strong coffee and lots of food. I was wrong.

Friday Night, Coldplay Concert, good show, no hearing damage.



3 hour drive starting at 1am, took some night time photos of Mt Hood via Trillium Lake (absolutely gorgeous full moon view of the mountain). Saw a deer, took a nap, had two servings of McDonald's, briefly fell asleep behind the wheel. Took another nap.

Mt Hood Via Trillium Lake at 3am.

High Desert Omnium, crit race began, I was did great until my calf muscles seized up and I got dropped / pulled from the race. Back to the house, another nap, another race. The time trail was intense, speeds were high, climbs were steep, someone crashed hardcore, I thought I would too.

After the TT it was off to downtown to visit a childhood memory and get a milkshake at Goodys. Still every drop as good as it used to be and for nostalgia sake I even ordered $2 worth of gummy coke bottles.


Food and sleep, one more race. I thought it would be over for me at the base of the first climb, I was wrong. I made it all the way down to and around Craine Prairie before I got dropped, probably one of my better attempts at a race. Next year I swear I am going to finish a road race and sprint for victory, well maybe just finish with the leaders.

I skipped the post race Burger & Beer and headed back to Portland in favor of not crashing the car for falling asleep at the wheel. Heavy traffic and some rain, back home. Ate some food, watched a little TV, back to sleep.

Now I "work". Never again will I attempt this madness again.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment