Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Finally!

It's been a strange straining relationship with Tuesday PIR and Mt Tabor this summer. My deep roots of racing (1 whole year) were grown racing on Tabor and the Tuesday night PIR with much 'success'. This years racing began in February and included road races, stage races, crits, the whole gamit. Much to my suprise my results on Tabor have been marginal, full of mechanical and mental failures and my results at PIR have been even worse. Prior to last night I was yet to complete a Tuesday night race without getting dropped and lapped.

Fortunately I am starting to turn the corner, I started the evening with a couple leasurely laps on the back of the 4/5 race to check out the scenery, warm my legs, and take a look back at to where I came from. I was actually shocked at how easily I was able to sit on the back and have a conversation with a teamate. Either the competative field has deminished in that race or I have come a long ways from last year.

On to the actual race, I was able to sit in the race and move arround the field more or less at my leasure. At no point did I feel threatened or out classed, so success there. On the second to last lap, halfway through I decided the pace was too light to serve our purpose. So I jumped out and sprinted off the front of the field. Everything went well until I ran out of gas halfway through the last lap and was overtaken by the field. Still a successful race, I served my purpose.

Tonight, Tabor, no wammy, no wammy, no wammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment