Friday, July 31, 2009

Good Beaches and Bad Plumbing

Yesterday thanks to NoPoGirl Kona, Ky, and I headed out to Meldrum bar for a little bit of heat wave swimming.


Ky and Kona do a high five to celebrate the excellent conditions, limited crowds, only a little bit of white trash, and lots of cool clear water. We managed to find a secluded section of the beach away from the crowds of children that would have made my existence miserable trying to keep Kona in check.

Kona worked on his dogie paddle, while retrieving balls floating down the river and chasing ducks and geese. As usual, as the day wore on, Kona became the most popular kid at camp and began to ignore us as he played with his new best friends.

Once satisfied with the tiredness of Kona we departed the river and headed home. The evening brought book club (aka wine club) for Ky and a cyclocross training ride (aka beer ride) for me up into forest park. All went well except for a high speed lightless collision between Sanders and Cheevers. I am sure beer had nothing to do with it, Good times.

Today I awoke and prepared to take Kona for a morning walk to find a hissing noise coming from my basement. Further investigation (water on the floor) points to a burst valve on the only old plumbing in my house (the rest was replaced when the house was flipped). The plumber will be in route around 5pm this evening. Anyone want to make a wager, I am placing the over under at $200.

Good Times, Good Times.

UPDATE: Pacific Crest Plumbing rocks, I highly recommend them. With a quick adjustment and a recommendation for some future work my bill was zero dollars and no cents. That's right a plumber who is honest, I highly recommend Nick at Pacific Crest Plumbing. 503-252-8800

No comments:

Post a Comment