Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Don't Worry, He is Going to be Okay!

Kona Post Operation

Don't you fret my friends, Kona is going to be alright in about 14 days, so long as you don't count mental trauma and bald spots. I don't know how long it takes for his fur to grow back, but knowing Kona I am sure I am going to have to drop some cash on a Doggie Psychiatrist to get him over his traumas of being ambushed by a fellow playmate at Doggie Daycare. The footage from the fight is still under review and damages are yet to be awarded, but the school yard brawl will not go without recourse.

Unfortunately in this case, his playmates Bark was not worse than his Bite, Kona underwent heavy sedation to have his wounds purged and to have 3 staples placed in his side. Upon first review I thought I would be in and out of the Vet's office with maybe a little bit of Neosporin and a fresh pack of gauze. However, once the hair was shaved back it became apparent the damage was no simple nick or cut from overzealous play. This was a deliberate attack on our sweet loving Kona. So watch out Cujo, Kona will be back, and this time it's personal!

3 comments: