Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Day in Heaven and a Day in Hell!

Today I was finally able to get back out to Multnomah Falls via bicycle on the cascade scenic Hwy. If you've never been I highly recommend it, hands down one of the most beautiful and enjoyable bicycle rides in our fair state of Oregon. An added bonus, as being the earliest visit I have made, there were numerous named and unnamed waterfalls that I have never seen before and all of the major waterfalls were in full bloom. Along the beautiful 30+ miles to Multnomah Falls I also encountered the Vista House, although I didn't stop to appreciate the view.

Now it is time for Lunch and then a brisk walk up to Mt Tabor with a well deserving Kona. This day exemplifies why I moved to Oregon and cannot return to the Desert. Don't get me wrong, I love Arizona and it has it's own beauty, but not many places can compete with Western Oregon.

The true reason for my ride out to "The Falls" was to more or less kick off my training for an assault on Mt Dooley a little less than 10 weeks from now. I have scientifically analyzed the stage and have established my plan of attack. That attack requires 1500 training miles and 10 lbs of weight cutting. For those who are numerically challenged 150 miles / 1lb a week. Unfortunately Monday I was shut down by a freak hail and thunder storm so I have another 80 miles to put in this week. Looks like 10 on Tabor tomorrow evening and 70 Saturday morning!

If you think that 1500 miles seems like a lot, take a gander bellow and then think about it.


Yeah, 6000 Ft of Climbing and 100.3 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment