Thursday, April 23, 2009

5 Years!

Can you believe it, I've been a corporate whore for a whole 5 years now, well almost. Mr Verizon decided to send my plaque of appreciation a few weeks early so that my boss could present it to me with a round of applause and etc. However, that's not really my bosses style, I handed him the UPS package and he handed it back to me and said that is really for you. Low and behold it was my plaque. The ironic thing being that the plaque is packaged with instructions for my "Supervisor" on how to present it to me, what to say, and to provide light refreshments if he so desires, he desires not. Along with a nifty plaque I also receive the choice of crappy corporate gifts (tent, steak knives, coffee maker, step aerobics step), crappy commemorative gifts (gold imitation watch, rings, necklace), or a luncheon for me and up to 3 friends worth up to $80 including tip and tax. Luckily for me we have no tax so that means I get to charge a $80 dinner for Ky and I to my Verizon corporate card in the name of 5 years of service. See it does pay to work for a corporate monster.

So watch out on May 9th I may go a little wack'o when I realize I have just spent five years making sure people could read emails about Nigerian princes that need help collecting their inheritances and watching TV specials about the latest Hollywood scandal. Talk about sense of accomplishment! Even better I have come to the realization the only thing keeping me in my current job is a crappy economy and the unwillingness to sacrafice my extra week of vacation I just "earned".

Wahoo!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats!

    Does this mean that now, after five years, you can get me a discounted cell phone plan if I switch to Verizon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Joe!

    I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't for my long distance relationship with my Nigerian princess who I keep sending money to. I just know one day shes going to make it to the states with her fortune an we will live happily ever after.

    Thanks for making the possibility of my dreams coming true.

    ReplyDelete