Monday, May 18, 2009

Tan Lines

In case you haven't heard, Oregon is now in tan line season, my "SCUBA Diving" tan line is already in development. After four solid hours in a mid-day sun my arms look like a "Black and White" cookie, made so popular by none other than the classic sit-com Seinfeld. I don't want to cause any confusion here, so I guess I should make sure and note, I do not SCUBA dive, merely my Jersey/Shorts leave the same tan line as a shorty wetsuit, the MTB tan line model seems to be into sports tops, not really my thing. Although, I do have a nice gloves/socks tan line, so I guess I am a hybrid between the two.

Not much else to report today, our good weather is going back into hiding for a couple days, but then it is back into some quality sun time. For the cyclist out there, Larch Mountain is 100% clear to the gate with a little bit of snow in the gutters near the 10 mile mark. I did not venture past the gate, but looking up the road, it seems reasonable that one could get a couple miles in without hitting significant snow accumulation.

Remember, "we must look to the cookie!"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,

    I enjoy reading your blogs, after reading them I always feel like I just rode my bike for 50 miles except I don't have the tan lines, my bike still has a flat and I shouldn't be eating the 800 calorie milkshake, but I do feel tired.

    "If people would only look to the cookie all our problems would be solved."

    Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Abs, you don't have to actually be a computer programer to sport the "Tan Lines"

    ReplyDelete