Friday, May 22, 2009

Hike and Bike

A fabulous "weekend" for Ky and me, sunny and two days before the hoards leave town for a 3 day weekend and descend upon the states popular tourism spots. Day one of our weekend included a beautiful hike up above Horsetail Falls, under Ponytail Falls, and up to triple falls. All of the falls can be seen on my Flick'r page linked on the right side of the blog. The most beautiful (in my humble opinion) of the waterfalls would have to have been Ponytail falls, in which you hike underneath the waterfall in a natural carve out. Ky was kind enough to put up with my incessant photo shooting and even posed for an artsy shot, I think it came out pretty well considering no tripod or lighting enhancements. I must admit it certainly does help when you have a beautiful subject.

After the hiking we treated ourselves to some smoothies from laughing planet and worked our way up to Vancouver for dinner with some friends and a showing of Angels and Demons. As someone who hasn't read the book I thought it was a good sequel (yes i know the book is a prequel) to the Da Vinci Code.

Today it was back onto the bike for another trip up Larch Mountain making my total for the week 2 trips up that Mountain, 14ish hours in the saddle, and 200 miles rolled. Not too bad, I am getting back on track to the mileage I was planning to complete before Elkhorn (time is running out, literally). It certainly helped to be able ride my bike to work on Monday morning, plus I feel like my conditioning is starting to take shape. just another 800 miles and I'll make my goal.

After my workout and shower it was off for some iced coffee, Du's Grill, and Terminator Salvation with Drew. Yes, two movies in two days, not my normal, but there are some good movies out right now and I haven't seen them all. Tomorrow it's back to work for two more days and then back on my second weekend. Two weekends with two days of work between ain't a bad gig.

"I'll be back" ~ John Connor (Christian Bale).

1 comment:

  1. So weird. Molly and I were thinking of doing that hike on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete