Wednesday, May 13, 2009

THE SKY IS FALLING! Maybe?

Important days in my career:
May 9th, 2004: Started my new job as a Network Engineer at Verizon
December 5th, 2005: Verizon ends the Management Pension Program
September 1st, 2007: My first major career change to Video Operations from Network Engineering
May 13th, 2009: Verizon divested 14 states to Frontier Communications, including Oregon. I now have a new Employer, Maybe?

More details in time, but at this point let me know if you have any job opportunities for me!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Man, it says they are keeping FIOS. Does that mean you are staying with VZ? or is it all of the oregon operations regardless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are selling the FiOS services to Frontier, the question right now is how they are going to do draw the line in the network. VZ could sell the content to Frontier at the national insertion point or at the local insertion. Depending on what they do that's where the maybe comes into play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verizon took your job? They tuk yur jorb!

    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104259

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image is pretty freaking hilarious. Sorry about the situation though. :( I think you should ride your bike more to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Joe, Does Joe know who is rowing in the number 2 seat on the OSU 2V8 boat? To find out go to Camden, New Jersey for the NCAA National Rowing Championships and say "Hey, Joe know Meghan, aka Han, aka Meg the machine."
    sign: Her biggest, and I do mean biggest, Fan.

    ReplyDelete