Saturday, May 9, 2009

I drink your Milkshake, I drink it up!

If there is one thing that you should know about me, you should probably know that I get very into whatever it is I am into. But if there is something else you should know, it's that I love milkshakes. So it should be no surprise that yesterday after I blasted my legs in the Gorge, I celebrated my pain with a scrumptious Oreo Milkshake from Jack in the Box. Not my absolute favorite milkshake, but high enough ranking and convenient enough, so that's what I got.

While I love milkshakes, there is a problem, they are incredibly bad for me. I bet you didn't know that a 16 oz Oreo Milkshake complete with whipped cream a cherry is a whopping 812 calories and even worse 43 grams of fat! Fortunate for me the MET (Metabolic Equivalent of Task)calculated for my ride yesterday came in around 5,000 calories, so a Milkshake is acceptable.

So how about some perspective? I spent approximately 6 hours on my bike at a moderate to high level of intensity, that milkshake replaced approximately 16% of the calories I burned, or 1 hour of my ride. How else could I have consumed 800+ calories? How about a Quarter Pounder without cheese, Medium Fries, and A large Diet Coke (790 Calories) or 7 cups of dry Cheerios (770 Calories), or 2.5 large slices of Dominos Peperoni Pizza (810 Calories).

Was that Milkshake worth it? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment