Friday, October 2, 2009

No, I haven't Forgotten you...

It's been a while since my last posting, which seems to be the norm as of late. I am sure you don't really mind so much, I know you don't need to know what I had to eat for breakfast each morning as I ate it. I have been keeping busy and away from work as much as possible. Last weekend I finally came thourgh and took Ky (and friends) to the WA state fair in Puyallup. It is quite nice having a home base a few minutes away from the fairgrounds. No need to eat fried tweenkies for dinner, those are for lunch.

While at the fair I took some photographs, most of them came out in the meh category, but some are worth looking at here.

After reciving the invite to join a roller hockey team I decided sure why not, I used to be pretty good at the game and it's only 7 years since I last skated. The first game back I realized my gear was in pretty bad shape and I was in worse. In my first game I did little more than take up space and play a little bit of defense, with no offensive contribution what so ever. Somehow against all odds, we took the best team in the leauge to a shootout and I managed to wiff on my shot. We lost. In the second game, powered with new (to me) skates, I scored two goals (one disallowed after an early whistle) and we lost late in the game. My body is still hurting almost a week later, we'll see next week how things go.

Cyclecross is in full swing, we've done two night races and are starting the crusade this weekend. my results in a 140 man field have been around 35th place, so I am happy. More or less I am racing at a category above my crusade category. I have high hopes for the crusade, I'm bringing my B+ game, watchout!

I still need a new job, got one for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment