Tuesday, October 27, 2009

News Flash: I Win!


If you throw enough darts you'll eventually hit the board and even a blind squirrel will sometimes find a nut. My Hockey team has won a game, second time actually, but I wasn't on the team for the first one. Some how, with a loaner goalie, we took on the top team in the league and took them in a overtime shootout. Some particulars of the game include my team scoring first and leading most of the game. I scored two solid goals (of four) I served two consecutive minor penalties both for tripping both on the same play. Our team was served up seven penalties to the other teams zero, one might say the refs were not on "our" side. I am zero for three on shoot out attempts.

In cyclocross news, I hate flat tires! After racing four Cross Crusade races, I have finished exactly one without dealing with a flat tire on some level. This week I was able to ride on my flat tire, but every corner I had to come to a complete stop unless I wanted to go superman over my handle bars when the tire rolled off of the rim.

So, now I begin my no whammy no whammy no whammy chant in hopes of making it through the Halloween double header in Astoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment