Friday, September 25, 2009

In the Name of Love

The Things we do for love, Ky is often trying new things in order to spend more time with me and share my interests. So in reciprocation I occasionally will do things that she wants to do, occasionally. This summer I have been attending concerts with her that she is dying to see and I am not. It's not that I don't like the music that she is into, it's just I don't feel like spending a ton of cash on seeing a band that is better on a really good stereo, a lawn chair, a nice sunset, and a beer in the backyard. So last night we went to The Killers and endured three opening acts for 2 hours and 45 minutes to watch the Killers for 75 minutes. Seems a little skewed to me, the good news was that it was easy to be an arms length from the stage with minimal aggravation. A little bit different from the concerts I am more accustomed to attending (See Family Values Tour). The first opening band is so new, it was their first show and they don't have an online presence (nor should they). The second and third bands were much better, but I am yet to decide on how they had anything to do with The Killers such that they would open for them. Maybe you can figure it out, here is last night's line-up. I must warn you, even though the lead singer for the Mariachi band was stone and drunk, I like the music more and more each time I hear it. I think it could be part of next summers soundtrack.



Nervious Wreckords


Mariachi el Bronx


The Killers



Now, off to the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment