Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

The Crusade is underway!

Thanks to Jim at Oregon Bike Shop I have the above photo from the skilled photographers over at Oregon Velo. Probably the only photo that I don't look absolutely hideous in that orange sausage casing. I guess it is a little comforting that I am not the only one that looks hideous, actually more of us look terrible than look good. One astute spectator pointed out the striking similarity between our skin suits and Aquaman. I prefer to think of myself more as a giant creamsicle.

My Crusade result was mixed; I won the hole shot (sprinting to the front off of the start) and held a top twenty spot until the last lap where I hit a pot hole that was hidden in the grass. With the hit (aka a rim shot), I flatted both wheels and was required to run a couple hundred yards with my bike until I got to the pit and changed out my rear wheel (the front still had enough air). I ended up falling 6 spots, really 7 since I was about to pass someone before I hit the pothole, so I finished the day in 25th.

The biggest disappointed was the loss of finishing points, which grant you a "call up" in the upcoming races. However, all said and done 25th out of 60 isn't too bad. Next week I think the course will favor me, I have high hopes and have a nice climb out of the start to work through the field.

Tonight I play hockey and tomorrow I race the third blind date.

No Wammy No Wammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment