Wednesday, October 8, 2014

1 Month Old

Hard to believe Zoe is already a month old...it's been two weeks since my last post and we have done a bunch of stuff. Well as much stuff as you can reasonably do with a very needy infant (as all infants are). Along the way I have tried to keep photographic evidence, maybe I will come up with something that I can blackmail her with when she is sixteen and a total brat (as all teenage girls are). In the meantime we are working on developing a sleep and feeding routine, I am hesitant to call it a schedule. And I must say, we have nailed down a pretty solid cuddle time. For the benefit of when Zoe goes off to daycare we have begun doing a bottle feed once a day to acclimate her to that.  And now what you really came here for, the photos.

Unfortunately Tutu's time in Portland came to an end all too soon, especially since we had to do her birth announcement still and I needed all of the hands I could get. I have a new appreciation or the corny newborn photos that I have seen. While that is not what I wanted to shoot, I now see how difficult they are to create and how time is of the essence Fortunately Aunt Sheesh as I call her came to town the next day to help out and spend time with her favorite niece.

So here are some of the photos that didn't make it onto the birth announcement, which is in the mail soon. I will try and digitize that to the blog one of these days.

My lighting prop

A pacifier does just that

Babies go Cross Eyed quite a bit

Yawn!

Skateboard Zoe

Hippie Chick

Yes her eyes are still blue

Fast Forward a week and we decided to make a trip to Hood River with Ky's parents who shall be known to Zoe as Grammie and Papa Lee (My parents are Tutu and Pop Dan for those of you keeping score). The mountain was out and the sky was gorgeous, a perfect fall weekend in The Gorge. We had wine tasting, beer drinking and apple picking on our agenda.

The view from Phelps Creek Winery / Hood River Golf course (or whatever the real name is) 

 Zoe picked out the most expensive bottle, but daddy had to say not this time

 Group shot

Grabbing the perfect apple, did you know there are more than just Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples!?! Okay I joke, I was probably able to name less than 10 different types of apples before this trip. There are some pretty incredible and exotic apples available in hood river. Have you ever seen a Hanner Apple, it is bigger than a baby's head, I measured. 


Sipping some wine at Mt Hood Winery, great way to end the day.

Cheers!

Today we spent a few minutes after I got home from work taking Zoe's one month photographs. If you are not aware, apparently the thing to do is take a photo every month with a new sticker on the Onesie proclaiming the month age of the newborn. 1 down, 11 more to go.


 Cute kiddo if I do say so my self

Chill'n in the crib

No comments:

Post a Comment