Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stepping Back

It has been a few days since my last post, so I figure now would be a good time to step back and fill you good people of the cloud in on my happenings.

First off the good / exciting news, we have decided that it is time to add a second proper bed too our house and take advantage of the nearly 500 sq ft that is going mostly unused in our finished attic. So in order to do so, we purchased a new bed with a split queen box spring (to get up the stairs) and began to research our heating and cooling options. Unfortunately when they finished our attic they didn't decide to do any heating or cooling and they didn't add much for power. So after consulting the good people at Columbia Heating and Cooling, we are going to add forced air off our main system to the upstairs and an A/C system while we are at it. Yay, no more sweating out the blistering couple days off summer. I'll include photos when there is something to include photos of...

The not so good, I have regressed in my healing. Unfortunately I had developed a abscess underneath my scab from my recent surgery. The abscess reveled itself to me and my surgeon after a snowshoeing blister drained. Without giving all of the gory details, I will have an open wound in my ankle for a couple weeks and it is going to require nightly packing and redressing. Fortunate for me I have a lovely live in nurse to take care of those needs. Thanks Ky, I love you!

Going back to the holiday, with the end in sight I began to stretch my new climbing shoes while enjoying the bowl games from my new hammock.


Nurse Ky getting ready to perform her nightly surgery on me.


This blog post is brought to you by, KONA!

No comments:

Post a Comment