Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Make it Stop

As I sit at my desk surrounded by "more electronics than I kiss concert" I wax romantic about my jobs I held as a teenager. For those who haven't heard stories or didn't grow up with me I was fortunate to have a real job, not just a high school burger flipping summer job. I used to work construction, both as laborer and as an equipment operator. Both were fun and back breaking in their own special ways and both taught me some things. I'm not talking work hard stay in school life lessons either, I am talking I dropped the ball and got my ass handed to me lessons.

So why would I wax romantic, I enjoyed working with my hands and I enjoyed working outside under the hot sun. It was never cold and it was rarely wet, it was heaven in a weird way. If you've seen the end of Office Space, it was kind of like that "Fuck'n A". I can see how a High School graduate could justify skipping college and going straight to the work force.

So am I glad I didn't go that route, absolutely, the following picture explains why.


The rain this spring has been out of control, this is the first time since I have started living in Oregon full time (2002) that I have heard the lifers complaining about the copious rain. Last night I sat at my desk reading through some of my old blog posts from this time last year, it quickly dawned on me how nice we had it last spring. This time last year I was posting about tan lines and my numerous training rides out the gorge, how much I love Oregon.

Right now, I am ready to move back to AZ, hell, I even applied for job in San Antonio Texas. I hate Texas, I hate it even more than I hate New Mexico! So, if someone could turn off the rain before I do something stupid like move to TX or NM, I'd really appreciate it.

Tomorrow I head to Smith Rock for the day, it better be dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment