Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Breaking Ground and the Law

Sunday was a busy day for me, Mountain Bike Race, Rock Climbing, and Birthday Party, so many activities!

For the mountain biking I partook in my first ever cross country mountain bike race, which was actually the first time I have ever been mountain biking. That is not to say I have never been on a mountain bike, but it was the first time I have ever seen "Single Track". The race was a novel experience for me with 1700 ft of climbing on a 12 mile loop; it was the first time I was a better climber than most but a terrible going downhill with gravity. The mud was slippery and the hills were steep, but overall I felt like I gave it a good show taking 10th in the beginner class.


After returning from Blodgett, OR (near Corvallis) it was time time to meet up with the Barkers for some evening rock climbing. After much hmming and hawing it was decided that we would try out a crag in the Lake Oswego area, close to home but limited in size. As I was first to arrive I was unpleasantly surprised to see some clearly marked no trespassing / no rock climbing signs posted by the railroad. Cars hidden, ramifications discussed, we decided the signs were merely a waiver of liability by the railroad company. The rock was much better than anticipated, while limited, it was gratifying to climb 20 mins from home. No arrests were made, good times were had.


After returning home and feeding Kona, it was off to Bill's house to celebrate Greg's birthday and wish happy trails to Genevieve. Cake was had, songs were sung, and cheers sounded the room (no photos available at this time).

A day later it has been determined that were lucky to avoid imprisonment and or fines for our trespasses. Accompanied by the 21 mo old baby by the name of Hazel, I would like to see the officer that could have resisted her charms, I think it would have been a stern warning had the Lake'O PoPo found us.

No comments:

Post a Comment