Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Humpday Update

Happy Wednesday, or for seven Wednesdays of the year, Tabor Race day. Yes the Mt Tabor race is absolutely my favorite bike race, even though it is absolutely not suited for me. Since you already know this, there is no update here.

The update is as follows:

The boat sold and then 24 hrs later was unsold. During those 24 hrs Ky and I experienced some serious sellers remorse, I didn't even know that was possible. So, when the buyer backed out of the deal, we shrugged our collective shoulder and said we would wait to re-post the ad. "Boatie" will continue to occupy my budget and driveway. Kona wagged his tail in appreciation, I think he is the biggest boater of the household.

I am still job hunting, I have put in a few applications with a couple high-techs and the corps of engineers, unfortunately with no real engineering or supervisory experience I am in a bit of a job limbo. In today's market place it's hard to find a perspective employer to take a chance on you when there are so many over qualified candidates looking for work. Good news is that I still have a job and Frontier is acting like thy are going to take care of us. If only I could take their word at face value and trust that everything will be kittens and puppies. So if you know of anyone that is looking to hire a 1st level manager for a technical lead let me know.


There seems to be some interpretation for this banner, it is from a job fair in Germany courtesy of ' jobsintown.de ' a German website similar to jobdango. If you can't read the caption it says, "There are better ways to make career."

No comments:

Post a Comment